Attorney Mehdi Essmidi
Why Hire Mehdi Essmidi?
- Mehdi is a real New York City attorney that was trained in Kings, Queens, New York, and Bronx County to handle Criminal cases. Mehdi knows the playbook and uses it to benefit his clients.
- Mehdi is a hands-on reliable attorney that makes client goals a priority.
- Mehdi is tough enough to stand up to the police, the feds, the district attorney’s office, and the department of Justice to ensure that his client’s rights are protected.
- Mehdi is a Moroccan-American and a Muslim raised in New York City. Mehdi understands the challenges of being a minority in the United States of America. Mehdi is passionate about the civil rights and freedoms that should extend to all people. Mehdi will fight for your rights.
- As a Muslim first born son of Naturalized immigrants Mehdi is sensitive to the needs of immigrant communities that are seeking to build a life in the United States of America.
Get To Know Mehdi Essmidi
Before joining the defense Bar, Mehdi attended New York Law School in Tribeca, where he focused on getting into Court and litigating as much as possible.
While in law school, Mehdi interned at the Queens County District Attorney’s Office, the New York County (Manhattan) District Attorney’s Office, and in the Kings County (Brooklyn) Criminal Court as an intern to the Honorable Judge Matthew Sciarrino. Mehdi used his time in Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan wisely and effectively, by developing knowledge and skills that benefit his clients everyday.
After graduating from New York Law School, Mehdi became a prosecutor at the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office. Mehdi started in the Domestic Violence Bureau where he learned the methods and techniques used by some of the most skilled prosecutors in the State of New York. Later Mehdi joined the Trial Division to handle cases of almost every type including: Burglaries, Robberies, Guns, Attempted Murders, DWI cases, and more.
Mehdi has also handled cases in Federal District Courts such as: Federal Conspiracy, RICO, Drugs, Wire Fraud, Bank Fraud, Trafficking, Aggravated Identity Theft, Bribery and more.
Aggressively Fighting for Your Rights
Mehdi’s criminal defense practice in Westchester County and New York City (all five boroughs) is centered around one key concept, THE CLIENT’S RIGHTS COME FIRST.
Mehdi does not lie down just because the other side pushes back and his clients have benefited from rigorous, honest, and reliable representation from a New York City Criminal Defense Attorney that has worked on both sides of the system and is passionate about fighting for his clients.
Mehdi is admitted to practice law in all New York State Courts as well as Federal District Court (Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and Northern District of New York). Mehdi believes that each case must be treated individually and must have a unique approach. Mehdi prefers to personalize the handling of cases with hands-on treatment. Mehdi truly believes that every client deserves the best and most skilled representation possible.
Awards & Recognition
- 2021 and 2022 New York Metro Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Trial Lawyers
- 2020 Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Trial Lawyers.
- 2019 Top 10 under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys – The National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- AVVO Client’s Choice 2019 – 2022
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Justice Action Center Affiliate – Criminal Law Concentration
- Westchester University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Philosophy
- Minors: French and Criminal Justice
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (SDNY)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (EDNY)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (NDNY)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Muslim Bar Association of New York